Special Events Coordinator Cover Letter
Special Events Coordinators are responsible for handling various aspects of event management, from concept to evaluation. Essential work responsibilities of these professionals include discussing requirements with clients, proposing event ideas, developing event plans, securing venues, negotiating with service suppliers, creating budgets, monitoring expenses, finding key speakers, reacting in case of crisis, and being present on the day of the event to solve any problem that may arise.
A well-written cover letter sample for Special Event Coordinator should mention the following job assets:
- Event management expertise
- Organization and planning
- Effective communication
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving orientation
- Time management
- Computer competences
Comparable skills and abilities required for this role can be seen in the example cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Special Events Coordinator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Throckmorton:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Special Events Coordinator, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished event planner and manager with more than 13 years of experience overseeing highly successful special events—including professional sports events, speaking engagements, and concerts—I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your facility’s objectives.
My expertise lies in planning, developing, and executing a wide variety of successful events, programs, and activities while overseeing those events throughout their full life cycle to ensure success. With my ability to recruit and hire dedicated staff and volunteers, complemented by my expertise in negotiating cost-efficient vendor contracts, I excel at maximizing event attendance, forging profitable relationships with key clients, and enhancing marketing and promotional messaging.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Orchestrating comprehensive operations and marketing strategies to produce and execute a broad range of highly successful high-profile events as the Events Coordinator for the Maple Tree Forum in San Antonio; securing and executing events including professional NBA games, touring musical acts (including Franz Ferdinand and Hazel), and lecturers from talents such as Brene Brown and Melissa Gates.
- Successfully coordinating events with up to 40,000 attendees; negotiating and booking transportation, hotel rooms, F&B, speakers, A/V, and other logistical matters for visiting performers.
- Overseeing staff in performing operational tasks such as catering, event setup/breakdown, and advertising; tracking and reporting on event costs, sales, and various other statistics.
- Developing key organizational partnerships and sponsorships to drive event attendance and success.
- Building solid relationships through effective interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities while providing a superior level of client service.
With my proven record of coordinating productive and profitable special events, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Lacy R. Schmidt
Event coordinator cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an event coordinator, or download the event coordinator cover letter template in Word.
As an event coordinator, you know how to make lots of pieces fall in line—but how are you at putting together your cover letter? To be considered for top event coordinator jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for working with people. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an event coordinator, or download the event coordinator cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for event coordinator jobs on Monster.
Event coordinator cover letter template
Sometown, IL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Portfolio URL
November 8, 2017
Ms. Monica Keating
55 Chester Ave.
Sometown, IL 55555
Re: Event Coordinator,Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Keating:
My 15 years of event management experience are well matched to the qualifications outlined in your event coordinator job announcement. I am very interested in the opportunity.
I currently serve as an event coordinator at XYZ Company, one of Sometown’s leading event management firms. In this multifaceted position, I work closely with clients to manage fundraisers, grand openings, corporate meetings, tradeshows, product launches, galas, festivals, sales rallies, “meet-and-greet” gatherings for prospective new accounts and a host of other special events.
An unwavering focus on coordinating memorable and “buzz-generating” events has resulted in:
- Exceeding revenue goals by up to 375%
- Producing record-setting gains in donors/major gifts¾up to $4.2M raised per event
- Driving rapid increases in store traffic and customer base
- Attracting capacity crowds for attendance of 5,000+
- Strengthening brand identity and improving customer loyalty
The enclosed résumé provides more details of events I have coordinated for sectors including:
If my proven success in special events management meets your requirements, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you.